- Z.Eckstein “A Rational Expectations Model of Agricultural Supply“, The Journal of Political Economic, Vol.92, 1984, 1-19.
- A. Drazen and Z.Eckstein “On the Organization of Rural Markets and the Process of Economic Development“, The American Economic Review, Vol.78, 1988, 431-443.
- Z.Eckstein, S. Stern and K.Wolpin “Fertility Choice, Land and the Malthusian Hypothesis“, International Economic Review, Vol.29, 1988, 353-361.
- Eaton and Z. Eckstein “Cities and Growth: Theory and Evidence from France and Japan“, Regional Science and Urban Economics, 1997, 27, 443-474.
- Z. Eckstein, M. Pedro and K.I. Wolpin “A Quantitative Analysis of Swedish Fertility Dynamics: 1751-1990“, Review of Economic Dynamics, 2, 137-165, 1999.
- A. Sarid, Z. Eckstein and Y. Tamir “Do Cognitive Skills Impact Growth or Levels of GDP per Capita?“, July 2016.